Coastal Property Management
|Luxury Rentals||Vacation Rentals||Longterm Rentals||Commercial Rentals|
|Specials||About Us||For Owners||FAQ||Rental Locations||About Costa Rica Vacation Rentals||Contact Us||En Español|
Costa Rica AnimalsCosta Rica has an amazing array of beautiful animals. The country is home to 5% of the world's biodiversity. Guests of Coastal Property Management can see the following animals practically in our backyard:
- Leatherback Turtles- We manage vacation rentals in Playa Grande Costa Rica, and the rest of or properties are a short drive away. Playa Grande is the home of Parque Marino Las Baulas, the nesting ground of the leatherback turtle. Our guests can watch them nesting on the beach during their season (always with a guide).
- Howler Monkeys - Guanacaste is home to a migratory monkey identified by their very distinctive "howl," which can be startling if you have never heard it before. Look for them in packs in the canopy, often traveling with babies clinging to their mothers.
- Harlequin Land Crabs - These crabs are amazing. They hibernate underground and then come out in droves when the rain starts. They are amazing with striking orange and purple colors.
- Iguanas - Guanacaste is home to lots of iguanas. You can find them on the ground and in the trees.
- Tropical Birds - There are too many types of tropical birds to mention them all but some of the more common ones are the Mot Mots, Woodpeckers, many types of Humming Birds, Herons, Pelicans, Jays, Parrots, and Parakeets.
- Tropical Fish - A snorkeling trip at Playa Conchal or a dive trip will let you see Parrot Fish, Tangs, Trigger Fish, Moray Eels, Lobsters, and many choral formations.
- Crocodiles - A tour of the Tamarindo estuary is a good way to see the crocodiles.